Well here we are the end of another week, I hope you have had a good one. Are you freinds over this weekend or perhaps you just fancy a creamy dreamy dessert, Tiramisu, a little Italian dessert whatever your reason for making this I know you will enjoy it.
So here goes this is what you will need and how to make your Tiramisu.
- Sliced or crumbled cake or some sponge fingers (you will need sufficient to make two layers on your chosen bowl)
- 200g Mascarpone Cheese ( cream cheese will do if you cannot find Mascarpone)
- 150ml Double Cream
- Cold strong coffee
- 100g coarsley grated or finely chopped Dark Chocoloate
- Place your cake on the bottom of your bowl, and then pour over sufficient coffee to wet the cake ensure it is all covered and let it soak
- To a mixing bowl add your cream and cheese, mix until they are just becoming thick add a little of the coffee and mix again
- Now spread half the cream mix ontop of the sponge and sprinkle a 1/2 of your chocolate
- Add the next layer of sponge and wet the sponge with coffee, add the 2nd layer of cream and spread over the sponge
- Sprinkle the remaining chocolate on top
- Leave in the fridge for about 60minutes before serving
An easy dessert that takes about 20 minutes to prepare but looks and tastes gorgeous.
What is your favourite dessert?
If I am honest I made this one day because a cake I had made didn’t turn out quite as planned and I didn’t have time and and and !! anyway I threw it down on the work surface in disgust and there it stayed until I had been for a walk with the dog. When I came back a little calmer it seemed a shame to throw the cake away so . . . what could I make and there we are Katie’s Tiramisu came to be. So you see sometimes it is good to get annoyed!!
If you want to make a cake for the base try the egg free chocolate cake, this makes a great layer.
Why the Sunflower, well I love them, and this one I thought had a rather lovely chocolate looking centre!!
Take care and thank you for reading, let me know how it goes
Till next time