This years new potatoes are coming in. Now my family still like a roast potato or two even in the summer. So a bit like the roast chicken, I have added a little bit of summer to my roast potatoes, by adding a touch of garlic and sprinkling of sea salt.
You will need:
- new potatoes ( I used Charlotte potatoes)
- 2 tablespoons of rapeseed oil
- 1/2 tablespoon of ground sea salt
- 2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
(for the quantity of potatoes I used 1kg for 4 adults when served as a side dish)
- Wash and dry your potatoes
- Place in an oven proof dish with the oil and crushed garlic. Now use your hands to mix making sure that your potatoes are well covered with the oil
- Place in a hot oven 200 deg C/400 deg F/ gas 6 for 25 – 30 minutes or until golden brown. After the first 15 minutes move the potatoes around to ensure an even cook and stop them sticking to the oven dish.
You can serve your roasted new potatoes with garlic as a side, with my crispy roast chicken and a green salad.
So there we are quick, easy and a tasty little side dish.
Take care and thank you for reading