In honour of the winning ticket for £161million which I didn’t have I thought I would share my recipe for Millionaires Shortbread with you.
So how are you all this morning? is the sun shining where you are? I have my sons sports day to day so we shall go and encourage later on this morning. My little girl has now finished school just waiting for her brother to do the same and then we can take a huge sigh and think – no more school runs to do until September – yipee!!
Okay so coming back to baking – this is a fantastic tray bake – ideal for the summer fete or just to fill the cake tin for picnic time.
For the shortbread base, you will need
- 85g (3.5oz) Butter
- 45g (3 tblsp) Castor Sugar
- 150g (5.5oz) Plain Flour
- Place the sugar and butter in a bowl and beat until fluffy
- Add the flour and gently knead, turn out onto a floured surface
- Grease and line a flat baking tin (8x12inches) and gently press the shortbread to fill the base of the tin, I do this using the back of a spoon
- Place in a preheated oven (180 deg C, gas mk 4, 350 deg F) for approx 20 – 25mins until firm
To make the filling
- 120g (4.5oz) Butter
- 75g (3oz) Brown Sugar
- 400g tin Condensed Milk
- In a pan place the brown sugar, condensed milk and butter, gently bring to the boil and simmer until thickened, stir constantly to avoid sticking.
- Pour over the shortbread base
For the topping
- Melt a 200g bar of baking chocolate and spread over the top. Before it is completely cooled use a sharp knife to cut into squares.
(I forgot to cut mine until it was set and it crumbled a bit at the edges!! still tasted good, it was worth the calories)
And that ‘s it very tasty but not slimming – sorry!
Remember you can leave your comments and I do love to hear from you.
I have now added a few collections to the photo galleries and the Katie Craig products are now available all in the same place.
Have fun till next time and thank you for reading
PS The garden is in full production broad beans, flowers, potatoes it is all happening – how about yours how is it doing?