Good morning, how are you today? Today I am inviting you to make this really easy dessert, it will wow your geusts and will only take about 20mins to do.
What a fantastic day yesterday was for the first day of ‘the holidays’, here is to many more!
The weekend just gone brought some freinds over for dinner on Saturday evening , always a lovely way to spend an evening, we even had stuffed red peppers, for dessert we had an old favourite with a little twist, I did a variation of a well loved cheesecake – Lemon and Raspberry Cheesecake. Having been fruit picking I had loads of raspberries, the intention being to make jam, but I dont this that is going to happen this time around! Will need to go again.
and so to . . Lemon and Raspberry Cheesecake, this is a really easy dessert to wow your geusts and will only take about 20mins to do – you will then need to leave it to set.
What you will need . . .
- 200g Deigestive Biscuits
- 100g Butter
- 200g Cream Cheese
- 150ml Double Cream
- 75g (1 heaped dessert spoon) Icing Sugar
- 1-2 Lemons Juice and Rind
You can use either a greased 6 or 8 inch (15 – 20cm)round tin, the smaller tin will give you a ‘deeper’ cheesecake. To make taking it out easier use a flan tin with a removeable bottom
- Melt the butter and crush the biscuits into small biscuit crumbs add together, mix well and press into the tin, pop into the fridge
- In a bowl add your cream cheese, cream and whisk until just thick
- Now add the lemon juice, rind and icing sugar and whisk again the mix should now be thick
- Spread the cheese mix on top of your biscuit base and leave to set (about 2 hours)
- Just before serving add the raspberries on top and dust with some icing sugar
. . and there we are done – quick, easy, no cooking required.
Variations that I have tried are – to the base and or the cream mix
– add some small lumps of ginger, or make your base using crunched up ginger nuts
– add broken chocolate
– To the cream mix you can add the fruit strawberries, sultanas
Have fun whatever you do.
So here we are all on holiday again, it seems no time since last summer, I hope tha sun is shining where you are. Not sure what we are are doing to day – how about you what are you to in the hoidays?
Till next time and thank you for reading
On the first day of our holidays we . . .
no images were found
biult a fire pit . . .
and then we cooked dinner
no images were found