As I write up this post I have Freddie – our cat sitting on me trying to wash my ears!! He is one of those cats that when he wants a cuddle you have to agree!! However I am suppoesed to be telling you How to make Blueberry Icecream so here goes. I had until this point never made icecream before but my son insisted that we try Blueberry Ice Cream and so we did. Once you have tasted this you will never see the ice cream that you buy in quite the same way again it is just so different
I used a basic recipe for icecream and then we added the Blueberrys and it really was that simple! We are now thinking Strawberry, Raspberry, Elderflower, in fact the list is indeed endless – I shall keep you posted and let you know how we go.
- 180g Fresh Blueberries
- 20g Castor Sugar
- Grated Zest and Juice of 1 lemon (unwaxed)
- 300ml Double Cream
- 180ml Natural Bio Milk Yoghurt
- 20g Icing Sugar
How I made the ice cream
- To a pan add blueberries, castor sugar, lemon zest and juice.
- Bring to the boil and gently simmer for 4- 5 minutes or until the berries are soft and burst
- Remove from the heat and using a hand blender blend the mix to make a glossy purple coulis. (you can also use a sieve and press the mix through)
- Place the cream in a bowl and whisk until it JUST STARTING to thicken
- Gently fold in the yoghurt and icing sugar until combined and smooth and then stir in the blueberry coulis
- Transfer to a freezerproof container with a lid. Place in the freezer for 4 to 5 hours until frozen – you will need to remove it and stir every hour to try to stop ice crystals forming in it
- And there we are when your icecream is hardened eat and enjoy it really is delicious!
I served the ice cream on a bed of chopped strawberries – delicious!
Remember to let me know how it goes and any other ice cream recipes you want to share
Take care and thank you for reading
Till next time Katie x www.katiecraig.co.uk
Have you ever made ice cream – any favourite flavours? If so do get in touch and you can share your recipe
PS I just love the graphic on google today for Les Paul’s birthday dont you?