Well here we are the start of another day and not just any day it’s Friday. Usually the best day of the week for my children, however this Friday is the last day of the half term holidays for Lottie, for Alexander – his half term was two weeks ago so as of Monday we are back at school and work – Do you sometimes find it hard to juggle home/ family/ work?
So it is Friday I was thinking of something tasty for breakfast so here we are Blueberry and Oat Muffins. These muffins arent too sweet so they really are more for breakfast and a great way to start the day.
You will need
10oz / 280g Self Raising Flour
4oz/ 115g Soft Light brown Sugar
1 tsp Baking Powder
5oz / 130g Blueberries (125g pack is fine)
4 Free Range Med Eggs
1tsp Vanilla Essence
3oz / 90g Melted and Cooled Butter
6oz / 180g Rolled Oats
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees centigrade
- Melt the butter and leave to cool
- Sift together your flour and baking powder and stir in your sugar
- Beat your eggs in a seperate bowl make a well in the centre of your dry ingredients and add your beaten eggs, butter and vanilla essence
- Stir gently, now add your blueberries and oats (keep a spoonful to scatter on the top of your muffins) and stir again making sure the blueberries are distributed through the mix
- Your mix will be more of a batter mix than a light cake mix
- Spoon into your muffin cases, sprinkle your remaining oats onto the top of each one and bake for about 20mins
This receipe makes about 14 muffins
These muffins are best eaten warm and fresh – so whilst they are in the oven boil the kettle and make a pot of your favourite brew ready to enjoy just as they are baked. Can you smell that wonderful freshly baked aroma?
Happy Friday everyone, have a great weekend and thank you for reading – I look forward to being able to welcome you back on Monday.
Take care and thank you for reading, dont forget to leave me your comments
Katie x www.katiecraig.co.uk