Are you feeling organized, do you feel good about the onset of Christmas or are you deep down wishing the whole thing would go away for a few months? Fear not!
If you are like me then you love the run up to Christmas, the preparation, the building excitement . . but what you really need is a few 48 hour days – am I right?
So this year I am going to make Organizing for Christmas fun . No need to panic or have a full blown nervous breakdown we just need to organize.
So in the first part of Organizing for Christmas I am giving you The Christmas Time Line part 1.
4 weeks to day it will all be over and it will the 28th December . .
Organizing for Christmas
The Christmas Time Line part 1
4 (or a bit less) weeks to go
- Download your Christmas Present Checklist and start thinking about ideas for presents this will give you a chance to set a budget and stick to it – no panic buying
- Download your Christmas Card Checklist and make a note of who needs a letter or photos included with their card, you don’t want to be rushing around at the last minute trying to do everything at the same time
- Christmas Festivities, do you have dates for the school Christmas Play – POP THEM IN YOUR DAIRY
- Book a babysitter if you need one for any Christmas parties you would like to go to
- Late night shopping – make a note of the date go with a friend and enter into the Christmas Spirit
- Check out dates for local Christmas markets and fairs, these are great places to pick up unusual and handmade gifts
- Advent Calendar make sure yours is ready for the 1st of December
- Tidy out your Christmas decorations, do the lights work, sort out any broken bits
- Start making some Christmas decorations, if you have children get them involved, cut out some paper snowflakes and stick them to the window, start making paper chains
- Write the Santa letters, if you would like Santa to send you a reply he needs to receive your letter by the 14th December, make sure you include your address.
- Send your letter to Santa at: Santa, Santa’s Grotto, Reindeerland SANTA 1
In the kitchen . .
- if you haven’t already done so make your mincemeat and Christmas pudding if you are planning to make these yourself
- If you have made your Christmas cake now is the time to ice it
- Order your turkey
- Start thinking about recipes for Christmas, what can you make in advance and pop in the freezer
Dates for posting to family and friends – last Posting Dates for UK
- Thursday 13th December Standard Parcels
- Tuesday 18th December Second Class letters
- Thursday 20th December First Class Letters
- Friday 21st December Special Delivery with Saturday Delivery
- Saturday 22nd December Special Delivery
For international deliveries check dates for individual countries
Ok that’s it for now Organizing for Christmas will pop up again at 3 weeks to go until then take care and have FUN!
This is an excerpt from my book Making Christmas . . . creating the perfect Christmas