Rocky Road Chocolate Cake, because life isn’t always a straight smooth road and sometimes a little bit of chocoate helps!
What you will need for Rocky Road Chocolate Cake
- 6oz (170g) Butter
- 6oz ( 170g) Castor Sugar
- 8oz (225g) Self Raising Flour
- 4 Medium Free Range Eggs
- 1oz ( 30g) Coco Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Cream together the sugar and butter until light and creamy
- Add the flour, baking powder and eggs and mix thoroughly
- Now dissolve the coco powder in a small amount of warm water and gradually add to your mix
- Once mixed grease an 8 inch round cake tin, place in the oven ( 160 deg centigrade) for approx 25 minutes
- Remove from oven place on a wire baking tray to cool
- When cool, cut your cake in half , now take the top half of your cake and cut off the top of this – you now have 3 layers of cake
- Now cut the very top of cake into 2cm squares – thes will form your rocks
To make the icing and topping for the Rocky Road Chocolate Cake
- 4oz ( 120g) Icing Sugar
- 5oz (140g) Butter
- 1oz (30g) Coco Powder
- 7oz ( 200g) Dark Chocolate
- Marsh Mallows to decorate
To make the butter cream
- Cream 2oz ( 60g) of the butter, add the icing sugar and coco powder, mix until smooth and creamy
- Melt the chocolate. Once melted add the remaining 3 oz (90g) of butter to the chocolate, mix until the butter will melts. Now add 2 tablespoons of the chocolate mixtures to the butter cream and mix well.
- Spread half your butter cream on the bottom layer of the cake and place the 2nd layer on top – you now have a chocolate sandwich
- Take the rest of your butter cream and spead on the top of your cake place your boulders and marsh mallows on top to decorate
- Use the rest of your chocolate mix to drizzle over the top and spread around the sides of your Rocky Road Cake.
There you are a very yummy Rocky Road Chocolate Cake – what could be better for a half term holiday or indeed any time of the day, week or month. As you can geuss we like chocolate!
When will you make a Rocky Road Chocolate Cake?
Do you have a Halloween party, we think it makes a great Halloween cake
Clearly ours wont last until Halloween I geuss we will just have to make another!
Till next time and thank you for reading