Good morning, how are the holidays going? Have your children driven to distraction yet? Generally we are having good holidays, the children are a bit rowdy some of the time, bit I geuss as I was told earlier today – ‘chill out mummy’ – I’ll try – so where shall we go and what shall we do? not sure yet lets see what the weather is doing.
However if you are planning a picnic or even a night in with freinds this little recipe for Roasted Pepper Tapenade is easy, quick and tastes although I say so myself – really rather lovely.
So here is how to do it. For Roasted Pepper Tapenade you will need
- 100g Roasted Peppers ( I used a mix of red and yellow)
- 25g Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Zest of a lemon
- 2 tblspoons lemon juice
- a few sprigs of Fresh Corriander
- 125ml (approx) olive oil
- Put the Roasted Peppers, Tomatoes, Corriander, Lemon Zest and Juice into a food processor and blend to mix
- As the mix is blending add your olive oil until your mix is like a paste (you may not need to use all of your olive oil)
- Once done you can place in a container chill slightly and use as you wish
and there we are it is that easy – Roasted Pepper Tapenade is a good one to take on a picnic or have it as a starter for dinner. The quantities I used made a bowl which 4 of us happily shared as a tasty snack.
So what are you going to do today? Any great ideas for the holidays. Yesterday I did something I have been trying to do for what seems like ever – do you remember , making a room in the garden? well I actually managed to paint the bench seat – what colour did I chode in the end you will have to eait and see.
Hope you are all having great holidays, thank you for reading
Take care, till next time