Valentines Day the 14th of February, what about a little hot chocolate yumminess . . . A cup of rich hot chocolate valentine and a special chocolate Valentine Heart to warm your valentines heart
First we make the valentine heart chocolate stirrer
You will need
- 100g rich dark chocolate (a little more, a little less depends on the size of your mould)
- 2 small heart shaped silicone moulds
- 2 lollipop sticks
- Melt the chocolate, grate a sprinkling of nutmeg over the melted chocolate mix and pour the chocolate into the heart mould
- Leave for a few minutes until it starts to set, place the wooden stick into the chocolate, keep it upright, add marshmallows on top and leave to set. When completely set at room temperature remove the mould.
If you are planning to give them as a present wrap in cellophane and tie with a ribbon, one for you one for your valentine
For the hot chocolate valentine you will need
- 1 pint milk
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- coco powder
- sugar to taste
- 1 drop vanilla
- chilli powder to taste or a good quality hot chocolate powder
- To make your hot chocolate valentine mix the coco powder with a small amount of cold milk to make a paste (For 1 pint of milk I used 4 teaspoons of coco powder) now heat your milk, add the chocolate paste, (Alternatively use a hot chocolate powder such as Clipper Organic and follow instructions on the jar) now add cinnamon, vanilla and sugar to taste. Add a sprinkling of chilli powder.
- Take two mugs and pour out your hot chocolate valentine
- Now take your chocolate stirrer dip, stir, leave to melt and enjoy . . .
I hope you enjoy your hot chocolate valentine. More ideas for valentines coming soon . . .
Take care and thank you for reading