Egg Free chocolate describes what this cake is however scrummy yummy chocolate cake the title my 9 year old son came up with possibly describes it better! who as the self appointed taster in chief of mummy’s cakes uttered the above scrummy, yummy, chocolate cake.
This is not a recipe that my girls will approve of (my chooks) becuase there are NO EGGS!! so if there is a time when there you are standing in your kitchen, pinny on, scales out and then aaahh! no eggs well this is the cake for that time.
What will you need
- 250g Self Raising Flour
- 260g Castor Sugar
- 30g Fair Trade Cocoa Powder
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- 100g Butter or Dairy Free Spread
- 200ml water
- 2 drops vanilla esence
Turn your oven to 180 degrees cent
- Melt your butter
- Mix all of your dry ingredients in a bowl
- Add the melter butter, water and vanilla essence
- Mix until all ingredients are well blended
- Grease a baking tray and then line with either a liner r greaseproof paper ( I used one that is 32x19cm or 12×7 inches)
- Pour into the lined tray and bake for approx. 35mins (may vary depending on your oven)
- Once coool decorate and cut into squares as you can see we had fun with these!
It is at this point that you can bring in the eggs! – the small little gorgeous ones – more of that to come!
For the icing and this time I used a chocolate frosting icing
- 100g dark chocolate
- 75g of butter
- 200g icing sugar
Melt butter and chocolate and add icing sugar – you will need to mix well to acheive a smooth spreadable chocolate icing. You can them decorate with more chocolate, jelly beans, chocolate eggs
I know there are lots of cake sales happening in schools right now for Red Nose Day http://www.rednoseday.com/ and also for Japan and the people suffering there so perhaps with this easy to make chocolate cake we can all help to do a little.
I hope you and your family enjoy this as much as mine have, what is your favourite way to decorate your chocolate cake – let me know, remeber to have your say
Till next time, thanks for reading